Introduction to Cybersecurity
Digital transformation creates business value leveraging digital assets and expanded connectivity. But it also increases our exposure to cyberattacks. The exponential growth of networked connections leaves data vulnerable to attacks, creating a growing need for Cybersecurity professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Internet is a staple in our everyday lives. It is an excellent resource for connecting and sharing information. It is also full of unseen threats. Staying safe on the internet
needs to be a conscience concern as we have much to lose if we don’t exercise caution. Introduction to Cybersecurity presents the importance of cybersecurity, data confidentiality, and the best practices necessary for using the internet and social media safely. The course steps students through security aspects in a broad, easy to understand way, explaining the value of securing data, both personal and businessrelated.
The course offers the following:
- Interactive content
- Activities and lab exercises that reinforce learning
- Links to articles and websites helping you explore cybersecurity on your own
- Quizzes to check your understanding
Introduction to Cybersecurity covers cyber trends, threats and staying safe in cyberspace, protecting personal and company data. It provides awareness of career opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
EXPLORE THE BEST CONCEPTS
Training a cybersecurity workforce is a national priority for many countries. The growing demand for cybersecurity professionals is projected to rise to six million job openings globally by 2019.
The Need for Cybersecurity VIDEO LECTURE | 45 MIN
• What your online identity and data is, where it is, and why it is of interest to cyber criminals.
• What organizational data is, and why it must be protected.
• What cyber warfare is and why organizations, nations, and governments need cybersecurity professionals to protect their citizens and infrastructure
Attacks, Concepts and Techniques LECTURE | 4 HRS
Learn how a cybersecurity professional analyzes a cyberattack.
Module 2 details:
• Security vulnerabilities and the different types of
vulnerabilities and malware.
• The techniques used by attackers to infiltrate a
• The characteristics and operation of a cyber attack.
• The trends in the cyber threat landscape.
Protecting Your Data and Privacy
Become aware of your personal devices and data.
Module 3 covers:
• Tips for protecting your personal devices and data by creating strong passwords and using wireless networks safely.
• Authentication techniques helping you maintain your data securely with tips about what to do and what not to do online.
• Protecting devices from threats.
• Safeguarding your privacy.
Protecting the Organization
Learn about the technologies, processes, and best practices used when protecting an organization’s network.
Module 4 presents
• Equipment, data, and the commonly used security terms such as botnets, the kill chain, and behaviorbased security.
• Cisco’s approach to cybersecurity using a CSIRT team and a security playbook.
• Techniques for protecting organizations from cyber attacks.
• The behavior-based approach to cybersecurity.
• Cisco’s approach to cybersecurity.
Will Your future be in Cyber Security?
Explore educational paths towards certifications with the Cisco Networking Academy (NetAcad).
Module 5 summarizes
• Certification prerequisites for Specialization Certificates in many areas of networking, including cybersecurity.
• Explore the opportunities for pursuing an education and a career in cybersecurity.