The Get Connected course provides an introduction to the digital world with networks as a foundation for connecting people and things. The curriculum helps students understand how to use computers and connect to the Internet. Get Connected also explores the human network and introduces students to the world of social media.
- Students looking for a basic introduction to IT fundamentals
- No previous knowledge required
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Get Connected offers the following features:
- Illustrations and narrations guide students through each topic to help develop an understanding of the connected world.
- Videos and activities reinforce learning and keep students engaged.
- Quizzes and a final exam measure student comprehension.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basics of computers and communications using electronic and social media.
- Manage files and documents on a Windows-based computer.
- Navigate the Internet and use search engines and web mail.
Certificate of Completion.
Identify different types of computer systems, internal components, and peripherals.
Files and Directories
Understand the directory structure of Microsoft Windows and how to work with files and folders using a text editor.
All About the Internet
Understand computer networking, how to browse and search the Internet, and how to use email.
Exploring the Human Network
Create and use various types of social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Keep Yourself Connected
Identify common problems and implement simple solutions for hardware, software, and networks.